MBA in Casino Management is a unique degree program teaching management skills applying in casino operations.
Master of Business Administration in Casino Management
This program is to train for those who wish to take up managerial positions in casino organizations as their future career. The study areas are covering both generic business knowledge and professional management skills applying for casino operations. This program, however, is not aiming for teaching any gambling skills and techniques, but for enhancing managerial skills on casino operations.
This program includes 11 core subject modules + a dissertation. For awarding this MBA degree, students must complete and pass all required assignments and the graduation dissertation. The duration of this degree program is normally about one year or less if students are granted exemptions for some subject modules they have studied before.
Subject Modules & Outlines:
General Study Modules:
1. Business Economics: Theories of demand and supply, market and planned economy, price determination and firm's behavior at different market structure, national income, fiscal and monetary policies.
2. Management Theories & Practice: Management thinking development: classical theories, quantitative approach, human resource approach, system approach, contingency approach, business environment analysis, international business cultures, planning tools, organizational structures, management decision making, leadership, control process and devices.
3. Basic Legal Framework: Sources of English Law, courts of law, legislation, the law of persons, law of torts, law of succession, criminal law, judicial procedure, regulations & legal issues of casino organizations.
4. Organizational Behavior: Interactions: people, organizational structure and work groups, stress management, motivational theories, reward systems, job design, work group dynamics, power, leadership theories, forms of organizations, managing culture, organizational design and development.
5. Information Technology: Basic computer concepts, information systems concepts, technology impact on organizations, Internet and online development, casino management software.
Major Study Modules:
6. Casino Industry Framework & Development: Introduction to casino operations, the history of casinos, modern-day trends, career opportunities, and recent innovations in the casino entertainment industry, history of gaming.
7. Marketing for Casino Industry: Consumer behavior & database, marketing strategies, product & graphic design, advertising & promotion, internet & global marketing, and publicity.
8. Operation Management for Casino Industry: Value chain model, casino layouts and equipments, security and assets management, fraud detection.
9. Accounting Systems for Casino Industry: Preparation of final accounting statements, financial analysis, cash-flow analysis, cost analysis and budgeting system.
10. Social Issues and Problems of Gambling: Introduction to sociology, social impact & problems from gambling, gambler psychology, and addicted gambling habits effects on health & its resolutions.
11. Online Casino: Types of online casinos, types of online gaming Baccarat, blackjack, Craps, Video Porker etc., money management, advantages of online casino, guides of online casino.
Other than completed above core subject modules, students are required to submit a graduation dissertation that must be a topic applying management knowledge/skills in casino operations.
1. Applicants must either have a bachelor degree or its equivalent
2. For those without formal academic requirements but with solid working experience in casino industry, they may apply mature student entry.